Thursday, February 9, 2012

Did you know?

Did you know that this is a dog?
A very frisky and excited dog?




I met Penny and her owner as I neared the Park Road parking lot. 
Penny was described by her owner as being "very energetic". 
I agreed as Penny continued to twirl at the end of her leash while trying to greet me.




 Did you also know that the official state dog for Louisiana is the
Catahoula Leopard Dog?
I didn't, until Penny's owner told me that.



As Penny (who was only 5 months old) calmed down, I could see what a
fine looking animal she was, and I also got a better look at her eyes.
Catahoulas have "glass" eyes that are an icy blue color.
Some folks say that "Catahoula" is an Indian word that means "clear eyes".
Penny has one glass-looking eye, and the other is "cracked" or both brown and white.
 Cracked eyes are also common in this breed.

.

Catahoulas are bred to be working dogs and that explains the high energy.
I was charmed by Penny and her owner and was delighted to add her to
my growing album of dogs walking their owners in the park.



I learn so many interesting things in Wildwood!







No comments:

Post a Comment