Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Winter Wonderland

When I woke up Monday morning and saw all the snow in our  yard, I knew that
I wanted to get my camera to Wildwood as soon as possible.
Arriving at the Main Street entrance, I was disappointed to see that it had not gotten
 cold enough to freeze the water that is always dripping from the tufa cliffs.




My disappointment, however, was short-lived as I walked into the park and down Wildwood Drive.




Sunday night's heavy, wet precipitation had penetrated the trees' canopy of branches-leaving everything,
yes, everything covered with a sparkling blanket of white.




Aaahhh,
this was more beautiful than I had imagined!





I looked up as I approached the North Bridge.

Another "aaahhh" !



Crossing the bridge, I walked toward the tunnel, trying to absorb all the exquisite white surrounding me.




After turning around I continued to wander, enjoying the crisp air and the blue sky.



All too soon, I was at the Park Road parking lot and turned to get one more shot and
one more deep breath of a simple and profound joy.





No comments:

Post a Comment